Saturday, October 13, 2018

Haiku Nonsense

When I write a Haiku it has to be something I have seen or experienced

I try to avoid " the " I try very hard not to repeat words. All while following the 5-7-5 format.
I also try to avoid to many words that end with  "ing"

Today I stepped out my door and saw a Haiku. I just had to figure it out. (this is the part I love)

V1

Dark air smelling wet
Horizon filled with lightening
fall is pushing south

I didn't like this one as it reminds me of wet dog for some reason, but I liked the last line.

V2, broken haiku

White arcs branching night
smell of wet pavement fills, ( what I don't know)

Then I thought of Mob movies and people drowning in cement, so that means this is right out.

V3

White arcs branching night
Clouds dancing on wet pavement
summer escapes south

White arcs seems lame and reminds me of drowning in cement.


V4

Lighting breaks night sky
clouds dancing in wet pavement
Summer escaping

This last one feels right and captures what I am going for.


No comments: